Tuesday, July 20, 2004

It's not easy...

I'm the kind of person that craves a certain personal continuity.  For me, personal authenticity is integral to maintaining stable and honest relationships.  This is a virtue that I often encourage and look for in others.  However, I have found that I am a hipocrate in my own quest to fulfill this challenge.

In some ways, I am a double agent.  And metaphorically speaking, I guess this is just another mask I wear.  I've been told that I have been doing this for years.  However, I feel that I've just been saving people from the trouble of dealing with reality. 

I know who I am, and I have a vision of who I might become.  There is not one societal or familial  bi-law that will prevent me from impacting the world around me.  Nor is there any clause in any constitution that will hinder me from being who I really am.  My humanity will always remain, depsite the hinderances of engaging in daily life.   And I guess each person will view me in a different light.  And in the end, does it really matter...for everyone has a different view of a good life.  And I will always be transparent if you need me to be...

No comments: