Friday, December 24, 2004

At a glance...

A lot can happen in one glance. I try to pay attension to the little moments of life, but sometimes they get ahead of me. I'm usually pretty dumb when it comes to the glances associated with attraction. However, I was alert enough to catch a passing smile and a glance from afar. A stranger, but nevertheless, it was a recognizable moment in time.

There are a lot of things I could have been doing today, but instead I chose one specific place to be, and this moment occured. It sounds very trivial, but I find myself asking the question, "what if?" In reality, I could have missed that moment altogether.

I heard some quote once that said something like, "Half of life is just showing up." How true is that! My guess is that the other half of life is your actions.

In this case I smiled back (in that shy sort of way) and I continued on. There are a lot of things I could have done instead, but anyone who knows me well, would know that the most I would ever do is maybe say "hello" along with that cute smile of mine. How hopeless I am! :)

Tonight I listen to the Garden State soundtrack, and I laugh at myself!

No comments: