Sunday, July 25, 2004

Paloma Negra (Lila Downs)

About a year ago I saw the movie Frida and I really loved it.  Since then, I've seen the movie about 3 or 4 more times, including the DVD with all the extra stuff.  But what I really love about the film, is the music.  It was brilliant!  This woman named Lila Downs was the primary vocal person in the film and the soundtrack actually won and Oscar I believe, for best original score.  Anyway, the other day I picked up a CD of Lila Downs and her newer stuff.  There is this song on the CD that is also in the movie Frida...and I really love the song.  You can really feel the emotion when she sings and the lyrics are so poetically expressive.  I LOVE Latin music...I really do!  So I just thouht I would share with you the lyrics...and if you want, you can google the song and listen to it yourself. 

Paloma Negra
Ya me canso de llorar y no amaneceYa no sé si maldecirte o por ti rezarTengo miedo de buscarte y de encontrarteDonde me aseguran mis amigos que te vasHay momentos en que quisiera mejor rajarme Y arrancarme ya los clavos de mi penarPero mis ojos se mueren si mirar tus ojosY mi cariño con la aurora te vuelve a esperarY aggaraste por tu cuenta la parrandaPaloma negra paloma negra dónde, dónde andarás?Ya no jueges con mi honra parranderaSi tus caricias han de ser mías, de nadie masY aunque te amo con locura ya no vuelvesPaloma negra eres la reja de un penarQuiero ser libre vivir mi vida con quien yo quieraDios dame fuerza que me estoy muriendo por irla a buscarY agarraste por tu cuenta las parrandas

No comments: