Tuesday, July 13, 2004

A wedding I am not going to...

So my best friend is getting married. I am very excited for her and I know she is very much in love. I support her with my whole heart and I pray for her joyful future.

Unfortunately, I will not be attending the wedding. (At least not by the looks of things!)

Hey...at least I'm in the country, right? Ya, except for one little detail...I'm in Detroit for a year full of commitment. I thought it was bad that I couldn't help her plan...play the role of the best friend. I've never liked that kind of stuff anyway, but who knows, maybe I would have been good at it! But really, thats the least of my worries....

The real problem is that I can't even be at the wedding! They are planning on tying the knot on June 4th...ironically, it's almost two months before my "release" from my year-long commitment!

How do you like them apples!?

So today I am sad...and maybe even a little hurt. But they will have my blessing, I will send a card and life will go on!

I hope there are no regrets...those always stink!

No comments: